The bold and the beautiful: kids table and chairs

Perhaps you remember my obsession with little kid chairs?

Recently, I had the pleasure of finishing a whole set of pint sized chairs and a table to boot.

painted kids table and chairs

This little set was my first ever custom order.  They were created for the daughter of a super nice teacher at my school.  She was trusting enough to let me do my own thing and I think they turned out pretty great.

paisley table and chairs before

Wow, seriously dusty.  Not to mention worn down.

I knew I wanted to use my paisley stencil on this little guy.  This is actually the same stencil I recently used to paint my floors.  I think it’s amazing how different it looks with all the bright colors.

Paisley

cute kids table

The chairs were just begging to be bright and bold.  One of the best parts about painting furniture for kids is there is no need for subtlety.

colorful kid chairs

Love the mix of styles and colors.

paisley kids table and chairs

Smile.

I am sharing this project at Get Your DIY On.

27 Flares Facebook 2 Twitter 2 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 23 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 27 Flares ×

Comments

That is so stinkin’ cute I want a grown up version for my back porch. Thanks for sharing…did you stencil the top, or free hand it? Love it, Lori

I love, love, love what you’ve done to the table and chairs! So pretty and so fun! Thanks for sharing, I found you over at the 36th Ave. I’ll be featuring this on my site today. I hope you’ll stop by for a peak!
    Jen
    scissors & spatulas

This is so ridiculously cute! I love the bright colour combo and the fun tabletop. What little kid wouldn’t want to colour at a table like this? Now I’m craving a big kid version!

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stoppin’ by and partying with us. I will be featuring this tomorrow at our party. Stop by and grab a button if you would like.

Hi! Just came across your blog from my google search for “painted kids chairs.” I’ve been slowly collecting different ones. I never thought of painting them DIFFERENT colors and mixing and matching, but I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Newest Follower,
    Katie (Something to be Found)

7. Caitlin L. says

I have a chair almost identical to the one that you did in the bright green. Mine has lots of the clear coat chipping off of it. Do you have any suggestions on how I should prepare the chair for paint?

Thank you Gina! This is one of my favorite projects too. The table was from a yard sale at a preschool that was closing and the chairs were gathered from various yard sales. I just bought another kid’s table a few weeks ago at a consignment sale and can’t wait to make it over!

8. Kim says

Anyway you can tell me what paint colors you used for those chairs? I am painting some chairs for my kids playroom and love these colors!

Thanks! I am not sure what shade the yellow and turquoise were, but the pink is Couture by Valspar and the green is Lime Burst by Valspar. Hope that helps!